Options for Outdoor Activity
With the closure of the pools, tennis courts, dog parks, and playground equipment, consider these outdoor opportunities for you and your household:
- Use the bike paths for a ride, walk, or run starting at Parker Vista and continuing on Bonita Canyon and Shady Canyon Drives.
- Take a hike through the UCI Ecological Preserve. There are three trailheads located on the westerly edge of University Hills.
- Use the playfields at Vista Bonita Park, Los Trancos Park, Gabrielino Park, or adjacent to Parker Vista to play a game of catch, toss a frisbee, or a quick family game of soccer.
- Find one of our vista points and enjoy the sunset.
- Go to the Interactive Community Recreation map for amenity locations and photos.
- Keep a wise six-foot distance from other community members.
- Also remember to wave and say “Hi!” to others outside. We may be sequestered, but we are still friends and neighbors!
- For Uhills Zoom Events, please go to the homepage of uhills.org and scroll down to Uhills Zoom Events. Events are listed by date with links to additional details. Please send events you would like to be included to HRBChair@uhills.org.
- Anteater Recreation Center is featuring online workouts, yoga classes and more at https://www.campusrec.uci.edu/index.asp
We will add more activities as information becomes available!