Celebrate Summer Solstice!
Our “Summer Solstice Art and Music Festival” will be back June 21st !
There will be an art show featuring an eclectic mix of work by Uni Hills resident artists showcasing original art including painting, drawing, metal arts, photography, ceramics, sculpture, jewelry, woodwork, glass and mixed media.
The Uni Hills Entertainment Committee is pleased to issue an OPEN CALL TO ALL ARTISTS:
1. University Hills Residency verification is required.
2. Email a description of the artwork proposed for entry with 1-3 photographs depicting representative work for consideration to Sandrine Biziauxfirstname.lastname@example.org, or Marta Crane – email@example.com no later than June 2, 2014.
3. Accepted Entries Only: Because of limited space, accepted artists must submit a refundable $20 Cash Reservation Fee, to be refunded after the show.
4. Reservation Fee is due at the ICHA office (leave deposits with Ron in Community Development) no later than 4 pm, Monday, June 2, 2014.
5. Cancellation with full refund deadline is 4 pm, Friday, June 13th, 2014.
Festival Date: June 21, 2014 from 10 am to 4 pm
**Please Note that reservation fee will not be refunded to no-shows, or cancellations after 4 pm, June 13th, 2014
Artist Attendance: All artists are required to represent their own work in person, and be present for the entire duration of the show. The show runs from 10 am to 4 pm. No early teardown is allowed.
ART MEDIA CATEGORIES
Painting, Drawing & printmaking – Oil, acrylic, watercolor and gouache original works by artist. No posters.
Photography – All images, shot by artist; all prints to be signed and numbered.
Ceramics – All pieces must be hand made or wheel thrown by artist.
Glass – All pieces must be hand made by artist.
Woodwork – All work must be hand made by artist.
Fiber Art – All work must be hand woven by artist.
Sculpture – All sculptures must be hand-built by artist from wood, metal, mixed media and found objects.
Jewelry – All work must be made by the artist from metal, wire, glass, leather, stones, beads and found objects. Glued or assembled, pre-made objects are not acceptable.
Mixed Media – 3D sculptural work made of wood, metal, paper, fiber, or other diverse materials.
New media/Mixed Media digitally or partially digitally generated art, including art that is embellished with paint or other techniques and photographs that are altered using digital/computer techniques. Must be made by artist and individually numbered.
Looking forward to hearing from all talented neighbors soon!! Any questions, email Sandrine or Marta.