Gateway Park pickleball court 1 (located in Gateway Park, at Coltrane Court and Angelou Street) features a True Blue Plexipave (medium pace) acrylic court surface with light green outer court and timer-controlled lighting beginning at dusk. Please wear court-appropriate footwear such as sneakers or indoor soccer shoes—no marking soles or cleats! Oversized tennis balls and soccer balls can damage court surface and may not be used. Please review and follow all official court rules listed below.
– Courts may be reserved for up to 90 minutes per day per person, reservable in 30 minute units. In order to reserve the court, you will need a Uhills.org account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one here.
– This facility is reservable for pickleball, on a first come, first served basis. The court is striped for one tennis game and two pickleball games, so two pickleball courts could be reserved simultaneously. A tennis reservation will block reservations for pickleball, and vice versa.
– To make a reservation, scroll down on this page. Choose your date and time and be sure to enter a number in the Number of Guests field (for more details, see the video). Please be respectful and do not book the court during the same time frame more than twice per week. Users who fail to respect this honor system may have reservations cancelled in order to allow all residents to have equal access to the court.
– Once users have booked a reservation, they will receive an email notification including a reservation ID number. In addition, the reservation will be viewable on the Uhills Events Calendar https://uhills.org/events/
– To cancel a reservation you have booked, go to https://uhills.org/my-reservations/
– Residents who show up more than 10 minutes after the start of their reserved time forfeit their reservation and the court becomes available as a walk-on until the next reservation is scheduled to begin on that court.
If a court is not reserved OR if a reservation is forfeited, the court is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to traditional University Hills usage policies (players must vacate court after one hour if others are waiting AND/OR must vacate to accommodate the next reservation).
– Example 1: Prospective walk-on players arrive at a court that shows no reservation for that time slot, but must vacate court either after one hour (if other walk-on players are waiting) OR when the next reservation is scheduled to begin (and players who reserved that time slot are present), whichever comes first.
– Example 2: Prospective walk-on players arrive at a court that shows a reservation for that time slot, but players who reserved the court are not present 10 minutes after their reservation is scheduled to begin.
UNIVERSITY HILLS PICKLEBALL COURT RULES
Pickleball play hours: April-September Daily 8:00am – 7:00pm (no play after dark); October-March Daily 8:00am-Dusk (no play after dark)
-AT LEAST ONE PLAYER PER COURT MUST BE A UNIVERSITY HILLS RESIDENT.
-COURTS ARE FOR TENNIS/PICKLEBALL ONLY. TENNIS SHOES ARE REQUIRED. PETS, SMOKING, ALCOHOL, FOOD, GUM, SPITTING, GLASS CONTAINERS, BICYCLING, SKATEBOARDING, SKATING, AND OTHER USES ARE PROHIBITED.
-WALK-ON PLAY MUST SURRENDER THE COURT TO A RESERVATION HOLDER.
-PLEASE RESPECT THE TIME OF OTHERS AND STAY WITHIN YOUR RESERVATION PERIOD.
-ENTRY GATE TO REMAIN LOCKED AT ALL TIMES.
-CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
-DO NOT LOWER OR ABUSE TENNIS/PICKLEBALL NETS.
-PLEASE STORE PORTABLE PICKLEBALL NETS TO THE SIDE WHEN NOT IN USE.
-USE COURTS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
-NO ANIMALS ON COURTS
-UNAUTHORIZED USE, IN VIOLATION OF THESE REGULATIONS, IS TRESPASSING, AND IS SUBJECT TO PROSECUTION UNDER CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE 602.Let’s Play!